Where were the ingredient of Sweet Potato Dhal bought:
Making Sweet Potato Dhal
- Wash lentils and add straight to a large pan
- Peel the sweet potato, then roughly chop into small cubes
- Add the chopped sweet potato, courgette and stock
- Add salt and spices and to the pan
- Simmer on a stove for 30-40 minutes
Lentils: Source of protein, added to the sweet potatoes will give you all 9 amino acids or what we call complete protein. High in soluble fibre which helps with heart health. High in Iron and B6 vitamins.
Turmeric: As we explored in the Turmeric latte, this powerful root is great especially when cooked and with fats and pepper which ensures the polyphenols are to be better absorbed. It is anti-inflammatory and some curcumin compounds in turmeric have found to fight cancer cells. Its anti-inflammatory aspect helps with relieving pain as and the stiffness of arthritis.
Sweet Potato: Low GI carbohydrate, keeps the blood sugar levels stable, keeps you full for longer and rich in fibre. Rich in beta-carotene, fibre, increases blood levels of Vitamin A.
- Sweet potato adds a lovely sweetness but,
- As it falls apart, it also thickens the Dahl
- 1 pot dishes save washing up
See our other healthy recipes