Here is what you need make Sweet Potato Dhal:
- 1 cup / 200g red split lentils
- 1.5 litres water
- 2 teaspoons stock powder
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 courgette, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Pink Himalayan salt to taste
Where were the ingredient of Sweet Potato Dhal bought:
- Ocado (https://www.ocado.com)
- Planet Organic (http://www.planetorganic.com), but you can also purchase them from most large supermarkets or health food stores.
Making Sweet Potato Dhal
- Wash lentils and add straight to a large pan
- Peel the sweet potato, then roughly chop into small cubes
- Add the chopped sweet potato, courgette and stock
- Add salt and spices and to the pan
- Simmer on a stove for 30-40 minutes
Lentils: Source of protein, added to the sweet potatoes will give you all 9 amino acids or what we call complete protein. High in soluble fibre which helps with heart health. High in Iron and B6 vitamins.
Turmeric: As we explored in the Turmeric latte, this powerful root is great especially when cooked and with fats and pepper which ensures the polyphenols are to be better absorbed. It is anti-inflammatory and some curcumin compounds in turmeric have found to fight cancer cells. Its anti-inflammatory aspect helps with relieving pain as and the stiffness of arthritis.
Sweet Potato: Low GI carbohydrate, keeps the blood sugar levels stable, keeps you full for longer and rich in fibre. Rich in beta-carotene, fibre, increases blood levels of Vitamin A.
- Sweet potato adds a lovely sweetness but,
- As it falls apart, it also thickens the Dahl
- 1 pot dishes save washing up
See our other healthy recipes[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]