Dupuytren’s Contracture Relief Balm
This balm was designed by a team of medical doctors, working closely with natural therapists and individuals suffering from this chronic inflammatory disorder (read more about the causes of Dupuytren’s contracture). The aim was to develop a high-quality balm which can be used alongside stretching and massage, with the aim of relieving the discomfort of Dupuytrens’ contracture. Its unique properties arise from careful selection of completely natural, pure plant-based oils and bases which are known to be:
- Naturally anti-inflammatory
- Rich in antioxidant phytochemicals
- Capable of repairing DNA
- Deeply moisturising
Unique preparation: This balm contains no artificial chemicals, preservatives, parabens, or hydrocarbons which, in excess could cause further irritation to the tissues. Most importantly, the essential oils were steam extracted from the whole plant in order to preserve the phytochemicals which have anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and healing properties. Likewise, the base oils are cold-pressed and unrefined, a process which also preserves the natural DNA stabilising properties of the olive oil, shea butter and cocoa butter.
How to use Dupuytren’s Relief balm
 Massage in and around the thickening twice a day for at least one minute as demonstrated below. If the balm is difficult to squeeze out of the tube then try warming the tube a little.
 Stretch and exercise the hands after applying the balm, again for at least two minutes. You should apply some tension on to the tendons and ligaments but try not to induce pain as this may cause more damage. Before stretching, warm up your hands in warm water or with a heat pack. Here are some tips on how best to stretch the palmar ligaments which. In order to work effectively, these should be performed every day.
- Gently bend your fingers backwards from your palm
- With your fingers on the edge of a table lift the palm upwards gradually, keeping your fingers flat
- Rotate the wrist from side to side
- Put your hand in a prayer position, pushing the palms and fingers together
- Do not overstretch and cause pain as this may be counterproductive
 Protect your hands:
- Avoid a painful grip on tools by covering the handles with pipe insulation or cushion tape
- Use gloves with heavy padding during heavy grasping tasks
Other lifestyle factors to relieve Dupuytrens Contracture
- Reduce alcohol intake >>
- Cutting out processed sugar >>
- Exercise and stretch regularly >>
- Quit smoking >>
- Reduce saturated fats increase omega 3 fat intake >>
- Ensure adequate intake of health plant based polyphenol rich foods >>
Medical treatments for Dupuytren’s contracture
- Needling >>
- Radiotherapy >>
- Surgery >>
This balm is supplied in a box containing one or two 15 ml oval tubes. We post immediately, but please allow 10-15 days to arrive in the UK and 21 days internationally.
Box with 1 tube £18.75
Box with 2 tubes £28.75
UK postage £1.20
International postage £3.95
You can pay with confidence using your debit or credit card – you are not required to have a PayPal account, and your bank will convert to £ from your currency.